Old 25-05-2008, 11:34 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Bob Hobden Bob Hobden is offline

Default Gardeners World presenter?

"endymion" wrote
My computer died and I have not posted for a long time . Didn't bother to
replace the computer - there is life outside of this virtual world.

Whilst everyone wishes Monty Don all the best and a speedy recovery. The
reality is he leaves a hole in the garden at Gardeners World.

I have to say I am not enamored with the possibilities. I don't think it
would be too unrealistic to say that Monty was a peoples choice promoted
by those in this newsgroup ( the original BBC choice being Dairimud Gavin
of people are old enough and still have brain cells enough to recall) .

So, who should replace him? Or should Gardeners World call it a day and
get the axe from the BBC? Lets face it, its changed beyond recognition and
frankly I only watch half as often as I used to even when Alan was in
charge and that was less than when Geoff Hamilton had the reigns.

I too hardly ever watch these days, it can be interesting occasionally but
mostly it seems more interested in the personalities than the plants to my
mind.

Percy, come back, all is forgiven.

--
Regards