Old 26-05-2008, 03:02 PM posted to rec.gardens
Bill[_13_] Bill[_13_] is offline

Default plastic greenhouse

In article
,
June wrote:

We are doing to be building a greenhouse and my husband wants our
contractor friend to build one instead of buying a kit. Can anyone
recommend a book with some good plans for a greenhouse in the 12'X16'
size.
I thought it would be cheaper to buy a kit, but our friend says that
he could do it cheaper with local materials. I'd appreciate any input
from any members who have greenhouses. What kind do you have and are
you happy with it, etc.

Regards,
June

http://www.amazon.com/Four-Season-Ha...es-Garden/dp/1
890132276/ref=pd_bbs_sr_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1211810222&sr= 1-1

Bill

Below a review from above link.

Eat fresh, home-grown vegetables year round? Eliminate canning and
freezing? Do this all at low cost? Eliot Coleman does, you can, too, and
here is the how. Coleman is a market gardener in Maine who may eat
better than Bill Gates. He shows that sunlight and wind protection are
more important that temperature--and, by the way, most of the U.S. gets
more winter sunlight than Coleman's place. Inexpensive, unheated
greenhouses that he calls tall tunnel houses--some say hoop houses--and
cold frames protect from wind and keep snow off the veggies. Greenhouse
comfort is more to benefit the gardener. The key is what and when to
plant. Full info given for planting dates, construction details, sources
of seeds, tools, greenhouses. Well illustrated. An essential guide for
organic gourmands.

--
Garden in shade zone 5 S Jersey USA
Neat place .. http://www.petersvalley.org/