Old 26-05-2008, 03:15 PM posted to rec.gardens
dwight dwight is offline

Default Chanticleer Gardens

I live within a half hour drive of the world famous Longwood Gardens. Folks
come from all over the world to see the grounds and the wonderful
conservatory/greenhouse. But it wasn't until a couple of years ago that I
came across Chanticleer (http://www.chanticleergarden.org), which, to me, is
far more interesting.

This 35-acre estate has been transformed into a fascinating study of varied
venues and plant combinations. Open fields, forests, densely shadowed
stream, water features, and flowers, flowers, flowers everywhere. The master
house is a study of floral accents (its circular drive is lined with thick
hydrangeas, regrettably not yet in bloom), in stark contrast to the ruins,
which present a wholly different horticultural gamesmanship.

Take a walk through the estate with my new Canon 17-40mm L lens at:
http://www.tfrog.com/digitals/flash/chant/chant1.htm - three pages of
photos.

I was looking for ideas for my pine-dominated Meditation Walk, and found
some interesting options. Now if only I could get Chanticleer's grounds crew
out to my home for a day...

dwight
www.tfrog.com