Old 26-05-2008, 05:48 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Carrot Fly

On May 26, 4:56 pm, Martin wrote:
On Mon, 26 May 2008 08:31:27 -0700 (PDT), Judith in France

wrote:
On May 26, 4:27 pm, "Bob Hobden" wrote:
"Judith in France" wrote

Bromophos is no longer available, so I am told, what do others do to
control it?

Build a box around the bed at least 18inches high with no gaps. Won't ensure
no damage but will limit it. You could also cover the box with Enviromesh so
it's sealed to the little blighters.

--
Regards
Bob Hobden

The row is 15 metres long Bob and we have 3 rows in different
places!!! Excellent advice but I think our veggie garden is too big
to box off the carrot bit.

You'll turn orange if you eat so many carrots.
--

Martin

I can remember when I was young taking tablets that contained whatever
it was (carotein?) to get a tan, it worked only it also turned the
palm of hands orange as well, I think they banned it shortly
afterwards.

Judith