Old 26-05-2008, 08:48 PM posted to rec.gardens
Boron Elgar[_2_] Boron Elgar[_2_] is offline

Default Flower-Plant ID Needed, Please

This grew up in one of my pots. I do not know what it is. I did not
plant it. Whatever it is, it found its way into and overwintered in
the pot.

It is rather cute and I am more than happy to nurture it, assuming it
isn't some invasive weed, but I have never seen it before.

This is the plant. The upright stalks are about 8 inches tall. Dark
green and purple. (that's my favorite rhodie in the background, just
coming into bloom)

http://i30.tinypic.com/34sgdtt.jpg

This is the blossom head, about an inch across. As you can see, there
are multiple flower buds on it.

http://i30.tinypic.com/2d91anm.jpg

This is one of the flowers - about half inch across and white.

http://i25.tinypic.com/2rq2akz.jpg

Boron