Old 26-05-2008, 11:25 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Rod[_2_] Rod[_2_] is offline

Default BBC Gardeners World

Martin wrote:
On Mon, 26 May 2008 19:44:25 +0100, "endymion"
wrote:

"Nick Maclaren" wrote in message
In article ,
"endymion" writes:

| So it has to get a bigger audience weekly than the Eurovision song
contest?

| That only got 1.7 mill and falling and they haven't axed that yet.

Yes, but think how cheap the Eurodrivel Nong[*] contest is to produce!

[*] Australian slang, if you are interested.

Actually its very expensive because the UK contribute 40% of the funding for
the Eurovision. But anyway. Its not cheap! See what drivel the license
fee goes on . Still back to GW.

The EBU funds the ESC not the licence fee. If you could discover how much UK
contributes to the EBU, the total amount of EBU's annual budget, and how much of
that budget is spent on the ESC they'd have to kill you.

I thought I heard 200,000 pounds mentioned on the radio today/yesterday
as BBC's contribution to the ESC. That is, peanuts for the quantity of
material. However, I could have misheard...

--
Rod

onset.