Old 27-05-2008, 12:35 AM posted to rec.ponds.moderated
Reel Mckoi Reel Mckoi is offline

Default Killing frogs

Does anyone know what kills frogs by chewing off all their legs and leaving
the body behind? I suspect a cat. I know herons and snakes eat them whole.
There are no snappers in the ponds because of the nets. What other than a
cat would do this to frogs. We have almost no frogs left and were once
crawling with them.

The smaller 900g pond no longer has a net or fish. It's for lilies and frogs
now... but there are almost no frogs now. :*(
--

RM....
Frugal ponding since 1995.