Old 27-05-2008, 02:51 AM posted to rec.gardens

Default new weeder

http://www.cnn.com/2008/TECH/05/26/f....ap/index.html

" Researchers at the University of Illinois are working on a small robot that can
identify individual weeds in a field and spray them with herbicide so farmers don't
have to spray an entire field as they commonly do now. The robot will move perhaps 2
mph picking out weeds by color, location and other characteristics, engineer Lei Tina
said.

"Actually we have a prototype," he said. "We can identify the individual plant pretty
well.""