Old 27-05-2008, 01:29 AM posted to rec.ponds.moderated
Derek Broughton Derek Broughton is offline

Default FrogZilla

Chip wrote:

Phyllis and Jim wrote:
Big boy arrives!

Jim

You don't have anything to judge the size by, but I would guess maybe
2-3". We had "buffo"? frogs in Florida that were 5-6" in diameter.
Scared my dogs. Believe they were also poisonous. That's a frog.

"Bufo" is just the genus name for toads - the American Toad /Bufo
Americanus/ being the most common in North America. I suspect, though
(especially at that size) that you're talking about Cane Toads /Bufo
Marinus/ - and yes, they're poisonous (I think pretty well all frogs and
toads are at least a little toxic).
--
derek