Old 27-05-2008, 10:02 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
JennyC JennyC is offline

Default Gardeners World presenter?

"endymion" wrote
Actually you are right. I do not watch as much as I used but hadnt really
reflected on why. It is the personalities and lifestyle element. I
suspect thats why I asked my question. I dont want a " personality" or "
lifestyle" presenter. I want a proper gardener not a " designer" and I
want to see a gardeners magazine programme not a lifestyle programme. I
suspect my watching will get less if they do continue as at present.

I tape it and zap through all the boring (to me) bits :~)

I love Carol Klein - in small doses. She'd be a nightmare as presenter
Dairmund is out
Joe is too bouncy
The Cockney bloke is fun but not for 30 minutes

Not many possibilities as far as I can see, unless there is some unknown out
there who would surprise us all !
Jenny