Old 27-05-2008, 12:48 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Colorado Beetle

On May 26, 11:02 pm, Martin wrote:
On Mon, 26 May 2008 14:46:03 -0700 (PDT), Judith in France

wrote:
On May 26, 7:36 pm, Rusty Hinge wrote:
The message

from Judith in France contains these words:

In France, in the area I live, the CB is a common pest. Our
neighbours, to date, have sprayed with Zolon. This is now banned,
just this month I believe. What would you use instead as everyone
here is scratching their heads?

I would have said Sybol, but the EC idiots have banned that too, because
the makers didn't want to go to the expense of having it 'tested'.

--
Rusty
Men love women, women love children, children love hamsters.

We will have to find something as these beetles are a real pain and
pest!

DEFRA study

http://statistics.defra.gov.uk/esg/e...h/annex1_3.pdf
"The chemical of choice for Colorado beetle control is lambda-cyhalothrin which
costs £2.25 per hectare for the chemical and £7.00 per hectare to apply as a low
volume spray."
--

Martin

What would I do with you Martin? Thanks I am just off to add this to
my favourites.

Judith