Old 27-05-2008, 02:26 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Sacha[_3_] Sacha[_3_] is offline

Default Gardeners World presenter?

On 27/5/08 13:53, in article
, "Cat(h)"
wrote:

On May 27, 10:02*am, "JennyC" wrote:
"endymion" wrote

Actually you are right. I do not watch as much as I used but hadnt really
reflected on why. *It is the personalities and lifestyle element. *I
suspect thats why I asked my question. *I dont want a " personality" or "
lifestyle" presenter. *I want a proper gardener *not a " designer" and I
want to see a gardeners magazine programme not a lifestyle programme. I
suspect my watching will get less if they do continue as at present.

I tape it and zap through all the boring (to me) bits :~)

I love Carol Klein - in small doses. She'd be a nightmare as presenter
Dairmund is out

On behalf of the Irish nation, I must ask: why is Diarmuid out?

Cat(h)

The very thought of Diarmuid trying to teach about how to propagate, sow,
raise and plant is enough to send many screaming for the hills, IMO. He's
into hard landscaping, not plants in general. He is not very popular with
the viewing public, and a lot of those represented by comments here found
his last presenting appearance at Chelsea way over the top - remarks about
him appearing well-refreshed were made, IIRC. He seems to have fallen out
of favour at the Beeb anyway. And on top of that, quite a few have said
here that they find him hard to understand.
--
Sacha
http://www.hillhousenursery.co.uk