Old 27-05-2008, 05:25 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Sacha[_3_] Sacha[_3_] is offline

Default Gardeners World presenter?

On 27/5/08 11:31, in article , "Janet Tweedy"
wrote:

In article , Sacha
writes

I think it's staring them in the face. Christine Walkden. She's a genuine
plantswoman and a genuine gardener. She knows the subject from all ends up
and she can talk to 'ordinary' gardeners as if they were her friends.

I did suggest that in another thread sacha

Missed that, Janet. I'm so sorry! We've been away since last Thursday,
christening one of the new twigs on the family tree, so I'm not up with
everything, I'm afraid.

She
is exactly in real life as she is on screen - no mad hair, or mad clothes,
or any gimmick of any sort - just a really good gardener.

Well I do think the BBC wanted her as a "character" and she has got an
awful lot of mad ways and looks, but i do think she could bring the
programme to life a bit and she is now known by the great undigging
public

When she came here we didn't get any of that mad stuff, which seemed to be
their way of introducing us to "oh get her, what a character". She was
absolutely straightforward, down to earth and on top of it, a really nice
person who did the job, got on well with the crew and didn't make a lot of
to-do over it all. All ways round, I'd call her a winner.

It wouldn't hurt
them to bring Peter Seabrook in, either.

They won't do that he likes chemical warfare too much

True. But I suppose both sides could/should be represented?

--
Sacha
http://www.hillhousenursery.co.uk