Old 06-04-2003, 08:32 AM
Polar

Default How to lose customers - vent

On Sun, 06 Apr 2003 05:20:17 GMT, animaux
wrote:

No problem on the vent, but who takes back seeds for $1.89?

You didn't notice that I was planning to do more shopping at that
nursery? Please read more carefully.

Better yet, who
needs to "vent" over such matters.

I did, and if you don't like it, use your killfile.

Rhetorical.

Misused term.

On Sat, 05 Apr 2003 19:15:07 -0800, Polar wrote:

I bought two seed packets at a large Japanese nursery. The bok
choy just "sprang" out of the ground, but the cucumbers just sat
there. Only 2-1/1 mangy plants out of the whole expensive packet
(they were a special kind of cucumber).

We are in a mild climate (So. Calif coastal), and have had an
unusually warm "winter". Also, I put a dark plastic cover over the
little seed compartments to aid sprouting. So there shouldn't have
been a problem.

Well, after 5 weeks or so, I gave up on the cucumbers and took
the seed packet back to the nursery. My intention was to buy some
green bean and other seeds, and exchange the n.g. cucumbers.

To my shock, the clerk wouldn't exchange without a receipt.
Who keeps a receipt for 2 packets of seeds for 5-6 weeks?! I asked
him if he wanted to lose a customer over $1.89, and he seemed quite
willing to do so. He was not Japanese; I was tempted to contact the
management, but it's their problem; not worth the effort..

I'm taking my business back to the local nurseries that do not
give customers a hard time, even when returning plants. They value
repeat business.

Excuse vent...g

--
Polar