Old 28-05-2008, 12:17 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Gardening on telly

On May 27, 10:27 pm, "Mary Fisher" wrote:
"Judith in France" wrote in ...

Your daughter is not far from me then Mary, any thoughts of coming to
visit her?

Judith

We haven't been invited ... we weren't told that they were leaving Leeds.

In 1998 I was diagnosed with and had surgery and other treatment for breast
cancer. It's not uncommon, sadly, for friends and even close family members
to cut one off when that happens. Inexplicable but true :-( Even my mother
did ...

That daughter's daughter is living with us at present while she completes a
college course in Leeds. She had her 21st birthday recently, celebrating it
in Cheltenham, her boy friend's home. Her parents went to Cheltenham and
apparently came to Leeds to visit a brother but didn't come here ...

We've stopped losing sleep about it, life might be too short for both of us
(Spouse also has cancer) so we make the most of every day which brings
rewards. Those which don't aren't counted.

This really isn't the place to discuss such matters but I suspect that
people who cut themselves off from close family and friends with cancer
simply can't cope with it, they don't know what to say. Some of our other
children at least *said* that they didn't know what to say or that they
couldn't handle it, we were able to get over that. Silence is much more
difficult.

I think I'm saying that so that anyone reading this might understand that
even a silent hug of someone with bad news means an awful lot, even if
sympathy can't be expressed verbally.

Life is very sweet,

Mary

Mary, I don't know what to say either, but consider yourself hugged,
hugely; and anytime you want a hug, you know where I am.

Last week I went through an ordeal related to breast cancer, my mother
died of it at the age of 49. I now have peace of mind, my Girls were
so protective, somehow I wish they were not so because if anything
happened to me they will not be prepared and they will hurt. I would
think this is the way your child dealt with it?

Here's another hug, can I have one back?

Judith