Old 28-05-2008, 07:42 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Dave Poole Dave Poole is offline
Registered User

Location: Torquay S. Devon
Default Gardeners World presenter?

On May 28, 1:15 am, Anne Jackson wrote:
The message from "endymion" contains
these words:

"Bob Hobden" wrote:
"endymion" wrote

So, who should replace him? Or should Gardeners World call it a day and
get the axe from the BBC? Lets face it, its changed beyond recognition
and frankly I only watch half as often as I used to even when Alan
was in
charge and that was less than when Geoff Hamilton had the reigns.

I too hardly ever watch these days, it can be interesting occasionally
but mostly it seems more interested in the personalities than the plants
to my mind.

Percy, come back, all is forgiven.

Actually you are right. I do not watch as much as I used but hadnt really
reflected on why. It is the personalities and lifestyle element. I
suspect
thats why I asked my question. I dont want a " personality" or "
lifestyle"
presenter. I want a proper gardener not a " designer" and I want to see a
gardeners magazine programme not a lifestyle programme. I suspect my
watching will get less if they do continue as at present.

I remember seeing a rather likeable young lad, Bill Chudziak, presenting
a gardening programme a few years agi, but it might have been 'regional'?

Does the name ring a bell with anyone?

--
AnneJ

“Strength does not come from physical capacity.
It comes from an indomitable will.”
Mohandas Karamchand Gandhi