Old 28-05-2008, 07:59 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Peter James[_2_] Peter James[_2_] is offline

Default Growing Hostas

Mary Fisher wrote:

snipped
Why bother?

Why not grow something which isn't eaten by the little darlings?

I gave up hostas years ago.

Mary

I've got Hostas growing in terra cotta pots with no slug damage at all
(yet). I find the secret is copious quantities of vaseline on the rim
of the pots and ensure that the pots are not placed near to walls, and
that the lieaves of the hostas don't come into contact with any other
plant or wall. So far so good, and the best year yet for hostas.

Peter
--
He spoke with a certain what-is-it in his voice, and I
could see that, if not actually disgruntled, he was far