Old 28-05-2008, 12:26 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Sacha[_3_] Sacha[_3_] is offline

Default Why House Leeks?

On 28/5/08 12:11, in article ,
"Charlie Pridham" wrote:

I was at a plant sale over the weekend and during a quiet time was
talking to Mark Walsh of Trecanna nurseries and he sells House Leeks
(among other things) none of us in the group knew why they have their
common name, The House bit it ok as people grew them on roofs etc but
Leek?

(Best we came up with was the stopped the roof leaking!!)

I think it might be something to do with the shape of the flower, though I
prefer your version!
http://www.stibbs.org/Holidays/Alpba...Alpbach143.JPG
--
Sacha