Old 28-05-2008, 06:49 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible
bean-counter bean-counter is offline

Default Is 10-10-10 appropriate fertiliser for tomatoes

"Ignoramus22089" wrote in message
I was a little turned off by the prices of fertilisers sold for
gardens (at home depot), but I have a bag of 10-10-10 fertilizer for
lawns, the sort that does not have any herbicides (ie, not a weed and
feed type, just feed).

Yes, it works well in a variety of veggies. I also use it in the flower beds
along with compost and some wood-ash from the fireplace. Woodash is alkaline
so don't use too much of it.

Would you say that this is approproate for garden with tomatoes and
peppers and so on.

Thanks

--
Due to extreme spam originating from Google Groups, and their
inattention