Old 28-05-2008, 10:27 PM
cocksy_boy cocksy_boy is offline
Registered User

Default Help - Something eating my indoor Nasil - new to gardening!

Hi there,

I am new to gardening and herbs, and have been growing some basil indoors in my kitchen. I think I've got the watering down to a T and the plant is growing nice and healthy and strong, with lots of new leaves and growths, and some flowers just appearing on the top!!

But, the problem is, it appears to be being eaten by some tiny lillte bugs. If i shake the plant, lots of them fall off, and they are leaving the leaves all peppered with tiny dark brown dots, and causing the leaves to shrivel and nearly die.

I have taken a pic of one leaf, and a bug that came off (for scale) and a close up of the bug, which is about 1mm long (no idea what that is in old money - sorry!):

http://www.geocities.com/anthonycock..._13smaller.jpg
http://www.geocities.com/anthonycock..._19smaller.jpg
http://www.geocities.com/anthonycock..._22cropped.jpg

Can anyone advise what might be eating my plants, and how to get rid of them, making sure the plant is nioce and healthy for human consumption. Many thanks in advance

Cocksy.