Old 28-05-2008, 07:49 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible
Wilson Wilson is offline

Default Are you suffering from heart burn

sometime in the recent past Billy posted this:
In article ,
Ignoramus17335 wrote:

What also helps is eating less food.

With me, it's usually that cup of coffee in the afternoon
that gives me a hot stomach. Another friend told me that he
is sensitive to tomato sauce (his wife is Italian, but that is
another story) but on a couple of occasions,
when he had a manhattan before dinner, he was fine.

Manhattan Cocktail
3/4 oz sweet vermouth
2 1/2 oz bourbon whiskey
1 dash Angostura® bitters
1 maraschino cherry
1 twist orange peel

Haven't tried it with the peel, but find these smooth and sneaky - for that
reason, I keep mine at 1:2 ratio sweet vermouth to whisky.

I'm sure there are other approaches to this problem. I'm just passing
along what works for me:-)

If you do have an aperitif before dinner, I'd suggest something
that is 17% alcohol or less because higher alcohols levels numb
taste buds and reduce your appreciation of a good meal.
Conversely, if you have burned a meal, creme sherry and
candle light may be a way out;o))

--
Wilson N45 W67