Old 28-05-2008, 11:39 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Sally Thompson[_3_] Sally Thompson[_3_] is offline

Default Raised veggie bed - question

On Wed, 28 May 2008 15:54:13 +0100, Paul wrote
(in article
):

Thanks guys - you've saved me a lot of time, money & back-ache!

Coming in late on this, but we made a raised veg bed on top of very bumpy
grassy ground. My husband built the frame first, then we covered the ground
inside with thick cardboard, then rotted horse manure, then a mixture of top
soil and our own compost on top. There was absolutely no digging or removal
of grass involved! The worms did the rest. Don't forget that the ground
will settle and need topping up.

--
Sally in Shropshire, UK
Posted through the usenet newsgroup uk.rec.gardening