Old 06-04-2003, 09:44 AM
Valkyrie

Default How to lose customers - vent

"Polar" wrote in message

I asked
him if he wanted to lose a customer over $1.89, and he seemed quite
willing to do so. He was not Japanese; I was tempted to contact the
management, but it's their problem; not worth the effort..

I'm taking my business back to the local nurseries that do not
give customers a hard time, even when returning plants. They value
repeat business.

I think you made a mistake not letting the owners of this place know about
their "clerk's policy". I always go to the top with a complaint and let
them know in a nice way what has happened and why I am not pleased, 99% of
the time you will get satisfaction and a thanks from the owners for letting
them know. If this doesn't work I then let the owners know that I will NOT
patronize their business any longer and will also spread the word of my
dissatisfaction and then do just that.

Val