Old 06-04-2003, 09:44 AM
Alice Gamewell

Default another seed question

It depends on the type of seed you are storing. Seeds can viable from one to
five to even longer years depending on what you are saving. Keeping the seeds
cool and dry does prolong the life of them.

What kinds of seeds are you saving? Perhaps I have info on them

A good book to buy if you save seeds is called Seed to Seed by Suzanne
Ashworth. It cost
about 20 dollars and is well worth it if you save seeds. The book also
adresses the issue of
how long seeds are viable.

ticketyboo wrote:

How long do you keep seed? I always thought fresh seed was best and never
stored for more than a year. I'd appreciate advice - usually I just buy
fresh every year but it goes against the grain to be extravagant!

ticketyboo