Old 29-05-2008, 03:02 AM posted to rec.food.preserving,rec.gardens.edible
The Joneses[_2_] The Joneses[_2_] is offline

Default Today's harvest

"George Shirley" wrote in message
.. .
The Joneses wrote:
"George Shirley" wrote in message
. ..
The Joneses wrote:

)clipped stuff(
I'm a vicious spider virgin. Killed plenty, eaten none. And no longer a
ribbon slut. But when fruit and sugar's on sale, look out, here comes
the jam hussy.
Edrena

You still taking stuff to the Farmer's Market Edrena? State is changing
the regulations for labeling home made stuff here and I'm waiting to see
what they have to say this time.

I see jams and jellies selling for $5 to $7 a pint and I'm getting
interested.

Tomorrow I will put up a few pints of pickled b**ts mit onions and
probably more next week. We ate the beet greens tonight with our roast
beef and black eyed peas. Had some raw carrots out of the garden for
beginners. Tilly Dawg, unlike Sleepy Dawg, has decided carrots are for
rabbits. Ol' Sleepy would beg for them, Tilly just spits them out.
Spoiled little thing!

George

Nah, I quit bein' pickle queen a couple years ago. Was too much work for
a "hobby." Lots of new friends tho, and lots of socializing. Still got my
pickle wings. It's all the way across the range, about 30 miles and just
too far for even visiting more than once or twice a month. Haveta plan
them trips nowadays.
My cat, Shadow Singer, will eat peanut butter...
Just don't feed the pup any onyuns, it's toxic for dogs & cats.
Edrena

Yeah, onions, broccoli, grapes, raisins, a whole list of things that will
poison dogs and even some cats. We try not to give Tilly any people food
at all. She is getting a knee operated on in a few weeks and needs to lose
a few pounds. Seems every one of her littermates has the same problem too.

Yeehaa! Problems never come in ones, do they? I'm looking to do a leetle
more research on toxic people food. I nivver knew I was so iggnorent.
Up in Santa Fe at the foodie-in last year, they were selling jams for at
least that much. And with oil prices to blame everything on, they'll
probably get even higher. But there is a one-use jar place up in
Albuquerque, I'll dig the name out by and by. If they can get those locally,
cuts costs alot.
Off to watch the tv with Ol'Whiskerface.
Edrena