Old 29-05-2008, 03:04 AM posted to aus.gardens
terryc terryc is offline

Default 'nother question!

On Wed, 28 May 2008 23:44:16 +1000, Trish Brown wrote:

I have the opportunity to buy a Talon brushcutter at a good price. Does
anyone know whether they're good, bad or ugly? Is there a 'best' brand
of brushcutter/whippersnipper?

No idea about Talon.
The best I've used was a Stihl. The other was a Makita(?). What I liked
about the Stihl was the tap the ground head feed or was it a rev up red
down feed. Certainly beats manual reloading and adjusting when you are
working rubbish grounds. Also took a wide variety of heads (saws, etc).

The other thing I really liked about the Stihl was the shaft length. I
could stand up straight and have a horizontral cutting head, but I have to
stoop with the Makita. It just isn't long enough and I'm only 5'7" in
boots.

Best face mask was the mesh type as they breath well. All the solid face
masks tend to mist upfor me.