Old 29-05-2008, 05:40 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Sacha[_3_] Sacha[_3_] is offline

Default Replacing lawn and garden path

On 29/5/08 17:35, in article , "+mrcakey"
wrote:

"'Mike'" wrote in message

"A.Lee" wrote in message
+mrcakey wrote:

And the really expensive bit - laying the path. It's about 25ft long
and
about 2ft wide and we're planning on slabs over sand. We've been quoted
£900 for this (£600 for labout - 4 days). My girlfriend's thinking is
that
if it takes a pro 4 days to do this then it'll take us even longer. My
thinking is that it can't be THAT hard can it?!!! And we can do it in
stages anyway - dig out the trench, add the edging, fill the sand, add
the
slabs. Is that feasible?

They are taking the ****. (assuming this is slabs, and not natural stone
flags)
For a garden path of ~25ft long, I'd charge around £200, and possibly
less, depending on access and removal of old materials.
My basic charge is £30 per square metre supplied and fitted with 450mm
square slabs. 600mm slabs are slightly more expensive (in area compared
to 450sq), so maybe £35 a square metre.
It would take a day maximum, and that is myself only working.
Alan.

Doesn't this show we have a wind up merchant here?

""WHO"" in their right mind would rip things up and 'then' ask for advice?

Mike

Who are you?!!!

We've taken up the existing path and now we're either going to lay a new one
ourselves or get someone in to do it. What's your problem?

Phil

Ignore him. Most people do, hence the blustering.
--
Sacha
http://www.hillhousenursery.co.uk