Old 29-05-2008, 05:40 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
+mrcakey +mrcakey is offline

Default Replacing lawn and garden path

"Mogga" wrote in message
On Thu, 29 May 2008 09:16:52 +0100, "+mrcakey"
wrote:

Hi,

We've already taken up our path and we're planning to take up the lawn.
Basically we're wanting a blank canvas. My girlfriend is keen on getting

A blank canvas with a lawn and a path on?
I'd have a think about what you want more before investing time,
effort and money into removing anything else.
Why did you take up the path?

The 'path' was a big mess of concrete that had cracked and the previous
owner had then topped with tarmac, which also cracked. I managed to remove
most of it with a spade, which shows how well done it was. It was only when
I got to the bit nearest the house that a sledgehammer was needed.

We know exactly what we want, that's not the problem. I was just trying to
find out people's opinions on how feasible it was to do the work ourselves
and how much effort it would be. The lawn is really quite tiny - about 15
feet by 6. So with the path gone and the lawn gone, combined with the patch
at the end of the garden that I dug up, we'll have a decent 'blank canvas'
on which to lay our new lawn and path.

Phil
www.manchester-website-design.co.uk