Old 29-05-2008, 11:36 PM
Granity Granity is offline
Registered User

Location: Bedfordshire

Quote:
Originally Posted by View Post
I sowed seed directly in to compost in big pots well over a month ago,
but the plants have only produced a profusion of leaves and no radish.
They have also started to produce flower buds too! What have I done
wrong? Is it perhaps that I didn't thin them out enough?
I've read that you can eat the leaves, so maybe I'll have to give up
on the radishes themselves.
I had the same problem last year, this year I'm trying then in some compost that was used in a basket last year and is not very rich in plant food and so far so good in so much that they are forming nice bulbous root.