Old 29-05-2008, 08:20 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
BAC BAC is offline

Default Domestic cats troubles

"beamer" wrote in message
On 29 May, 19:35, (Nick Maclaren) wrote:
In article
,beamer
writes:

| Is it just me or is it annoying when people make up facts??
|
| "indisputable fact that most areas of urban UK are over run with cats"
|
| Certain small areas may have a problem but most areas? I live in the
| middle of suburbia and I haven't seen a cat (or dog) in months!

Actually, that bit's right - though it's primarily suburbia (including
most so-called villages). Few such places are outside the territory
of a cat, which causes major havoc to the ecology.

Regards,
Nick Maclaren.

I'm not a cat lover or a keeper and I don't doubt cats do affect the
ecology.

Some areas probably do have a bad problem but to say *most* suburban
areas are *over run* is a wild exaggeration.

Of course, I'm willing to be convinced otherwise if there is evidence
from reputable reports/studies.

Ah, but 'indisputable facts' are usually 'self evident', hence no proof is
required :-)