Old 29-05-2008, 08:32 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Nick Maclaren Nick Maclaren is offline

Default Domestic cats troubles

In article ,
"BAC" writes:

| Not annoying, but it is difficult to see how a subjective judgement
| concerning the population density of cats can be elevated to 'indisputable
| fact' status.

Indeed, even though there is better evidence than mere subjective
judgement out there. I fully agree that the "indisputable fact"
claim was mere polemic.

What is not true is that the fact is simply made up. For at least
some reasonable definitions of the words, the statement is almost
certainly true, and at least could have been based on fairly solid
evidence.

Regards,
Nick Maclaren.