Old 29-05-2008, 09:02 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
beamer beamer is offline

Default Domestic cats troubles

On 29 May, 20:20, "BAC" wrote:
"beamer" wrote in message

On 29 May, 19:35, (Nick Maclaren) wrote:

In article
,beamer
writes:

| Is it just me or is it annoying when people make up facts??
|
| "indisputable fact that most areas of urban UK are over run with cats"
|
| Certain small areas may have a problem but most areas? I live in the
| middle of suburbia and I haven't seen a cat (or dog) in months!

Actually, that bit's right - though it's primarily suburbia (including
most so-called villages). Few such places are outside the territory
of a cat, which causes major havoc to the ecology.

Regards,
Nick Maclaren.

I'm not a cat lover or a keeper and I don't doubt cats do affect the
ecology.

Some areas probably do have a bad problem but to say *most* suburban
areas are *over run* is a wild exaggeration.

Of course, I'm willing to be convinced otherwise if there is evidence
from reputable reports/studies.

Ah, but 'indisputable facts' are usually 'self evident', hence no proof is
required :-)- Hide quoted text -

I like a good healthy discussion

The *undisputable* fact is that I'm right and anyone that disagrees is
wrong!! LOL.

Whatever - my point was that "facts" (undisputable or otherwise) are
increasingly banded around the media (and newsgroups) without refering
to any reputable sources.

ago I could do with a few cats to sort them out! Everyone has
different opinions and yours happens to be different to mine and we
can only base these opinions on our own experiences. My experience of
the south coast (Dorset/Hampshire) suggest to me that things havent
changed all that much.

Thanks.