Old 29-05-2008, 10:30 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
BAC BAC is offline

Default Domestic cats troubles

"Nick Maclaren" wrote in message

In article ,
"BAC" writes:

| Not annoying, but it is difficult to see how a subjective judgement
| concerning the population density of cats can be elevated to
'indisputable
| fact' status.

Indeed, even though there is better evidence than mere subjective
judgement out there. I fully agree that the "indisputable fact"
claim was mere polemic.

What is not true is that the fact is simply made up. For at least
some reasonable definitions of the words, the statement is almost
certainly true, and at least could have been based on fairly solid
evidence.

I agree it is not unreasonable to suppose that the cat population density in
the urban UK is artificially high, nor to believe that this may have a
significant effect on urban ecosystems. I'm not so sure this amounts to
being 'over-run' with the pesky things, though.