Old 29-05-2008, 10:51 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Nick Maclaren Nick Maclaren is offline

Default Domestic cats troubles

In article ,
"BAC" writes:

| I agree it is not unreasonable to suppose that the cat population density in
| the urban UK is artificially high, nor to believe that this may have a
| significant effect on urban ecosystems. I'm not so sure this amounts to
| being 'over-run' with the pesky things, though.

You have missed the point of what I was saying.

What I am saying is that it has a major (perhaps the dominant) effect
on almost the ENTIRETY of the fertile lowlands of the UK, including
all of the urban and peri-urban areas. There is no longer any refuge
for the cats' prey.

And that IS being over-run with the things!

Regards,
Nick Maclaren.