Old 30-05-2008, 11:59 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Gardening on telly

On Wed, 28 May 2008 16:21:15 -0700 (PDT), Cat(h) wrote:

There goes my thread on telly gardening :-)

There are at least two others...

I don't watch much TV and the only Gardeners Worlds I can really remember
are ones I worked on, in the early 80's pre (pre?) Titchmarsh. These were
of the style that many here are hankering after, proper hands on gardening
relating to the season, latin names superimposed over a good image of the
plant etc.

Sadly I can't see that sort of programme returning at least not on the
mainstream channels they are just after the ratings and The Great Unwashed
want fashionable "lifestyle" stuff that they get some one in to provide
for them in a week and then change in a couple of years times when fashion
as fashion changes.

I'd like to see a good 15min daily programme about the weather, using the
proper technical langauge and discussion of the forecast and recent past
events (why they got it wrong or right). I think their might be something
"Weatherview"? but they keep shifting it about the schedule so I can never
find it.

This is one aspect that technology may be able to help with a PVR that
will track and record a programme for you no matter when it goes out. Also
the technology is now available for almost anyone to shoot and edit/dub a
video on their PC, the biggest problem is coming up with the ideas to
include in each weekly show.

--
Cheers
Dave.