Old 30-05-2008, 02:31 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Saxman Saxman is offline

Default what not to buy

Sacha wrote:

We sell Meyer's lemon trees and have no complaints, other than from a fool
who allowed his to get frosted. He demanded a replacement, which he didn't
get on the grounds he'd kill that, too. He just got his money back.
Our own lives in a greenhouse that is unheated other than in the very
coldest weather and it gets a splash of water now and then. It fruits like
mad. Our own Citrus medica and Citrus medica Buddha's Hand were bought three
years ago and each has its third or fourth crop and is no more than about
4.5' high. If they're allowed to get very cold in winter, or are
over-watered, then yes, they will show signs of distress. We find that
over-watering is the most common problem with citrus and indeed, with many
other things, too.

And whitefly! Couldn't get rid of the things!