Old 30-05-2008, 03:29 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
stuart noble stuart noble is offline

Default Gardening on telly

Dave Liquorice wrote:
On Fri, 30 May 2008 12:17:21 +0100, Mary Fisher wrote:

I'd like to see a good 15min daily programme about the weather,

What a good idea!

For radio, in my case :-)

My brian switches off for some reason with the normal Radio 4 forecasts,
at least the longer ones that have any useful information. It also
irritates me that they don't go around the country in any form of standard
way or regional grouping.

The best forecasts - i.e. the most reliable - are those very early in
the morning, for farmers.

Yep, and for some reason they don't send me to sleep. I'm rarely up in
time to catch those though.

The fishing ones late at night are a joy to hear and can be useful even
inland.

The Shipping Forecast and/or Gale Warnings. Very good and always go around
the areas in the same order and no time wasting wibble like "it's going to
rain, so take a coat" or "it's cold, wrap up warm".

Or special mention of particular sporting events, presumably based on
the idea that the people attending will have no idea where they are
geographically.