Old 30-05-2008, 07:00 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Sacha[_3_] Sacha[_3_] is offline

Default Gardeners World presenter?

On 30/5/08 16:06, in article ,
"Amethyst Deceiver" wrote:

In article ,
says...

If they're clever, they will have a beginner's programme for those wishing
to grow their own food. Sales of veg. Seeds have soared in the last few
years and now outstrip sales of flower seeds. Something that teaches the
newbie right from scratch, with or without a greenhouse etc., would probably
go very well if it was put on at a time when young people are home from work
and can watch it. And it should be seasonal too, IMO, as in "it's March and
these are the seeds that should be going in now and in two weeks time you'll
be doing x, y and z".

Young people? Depends on your definition of 'young', I suppose, but most
of the people I know who are getting into growing their own veg are in
their 30s and 40s, mostly 40s. I consider 'young' to be 20s.

I'm 62 . My oldest child is 32. Thirties are young to me, especially where
gardening is concerned. A lot of 'young' don't get involved while they're
into child-rearing etc. Happily, that's changing as regard the 30s and
upwards.
--
Sacha
http://www.hillhousenursery.co.uk