Old 30-05-2008, 11:54 PM
HJW HJW is offline
Registered User

Default Difficulty germinating Licorice

There seems to be a shortage of suppliers at the moment (I was offered a 3inch tall specimen for just under a fiver and told "You can only buy one - everyone wants it at the moment and it's tricky to germinate"!)

Is there truth in the germination issue? Soaking or scarification are recommended, I read, but surely a plant nursery should have the knowledge to succeed. And why is it in demand - has it been on Gardeners' World recently??!

Finally, any tips on best conditions to establish a clump, please.