Old 31-05-2008, 12:33 AM posted to rec.gardens
Digital Larry Digital Larry is offline

Default Hastening decay of downed wood?

Well, thanks for all the tips, seems the most practical approach is
just to lay the stuff all out on the ground and chip what I can. My
chipper can't really take anything much larger than 2" and some of
this stuff, we're talking 18 or 24 inches around. And there is a LOT
of it, I'm talking at least a dozen trees 8 inches at the base or more
and 40 or 50 feet tall. Also it is on a steep hill and just getting
the chipper down to that location might be a one-way trip, you know!
But then again what else am I gonna do with it! It's not the most
attractive garden ornament.

You don't suppose drinking a couple of beers while watching TV would
help?

Thnx!

DL