Old 30-05-2008, 09:11 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible
The Cook The Cook is offline

Default Pepper problem

On Fri, 30 May 2008 14:54:19 -0400, "Him" wrote:

Hi. Thanks in advance for your ideas. When I bought my pepper plants at
the nursury the leaves where dark green. As soon as I got them in the
ground the leaves curled and all turned a lighter green. I don't think it
is a water problem or they would be droopy or wilted looking. The same
happened last year and the produce was low and very small. Am I missing a
nuetirnt I can add and save this years crop? .... The soil has grown other
veggies well and ther is plently of water and well drained. Thanks

Do you add any fertilizer when you set the plants out? I usually put
a bit of Osmocote in the bottom of the hole when I set plants out. Or
spread some beside them in a few days. Better yet, take a soil sample
to you local extension office and see what is missing. The extension
agent may have ideas too.

http://www.csrees.usda.gov/Extension/index.htm
--
Susan N.