Old 30-05-2008, 08:29 PM posted to rec.gardens,rec.gardens.edible
[email protected] ray.cruz@ergonica.com is offline

Default Weed control help !!

On May 30, 8:05Â*am, Sheldon wrote:
On May 29, 11:08�pm, "JS" wrote:

I have a major problem controlling this trouble weed on my backyard.
I have sprayed the whole area with the liquid �weed control I bought at
my local Home Depot two times but it did not appear to work. �Perhaps,
I did not use the right one.

Could some body help me indentify the type of weed and hopefully
advise me what kind of weed control I should use.

Thanks in advance,

Here are link to the images I took:

http://i284.photobucket.com/albums/l...vong/weed1.jpg

http://i284.photobucket.com/albums/l...vong/weed2.jpg

http://i284.photobucket.com/albums/l...vong/weed3.jpg

That's definitely not crab grass. Â*What you have is one of the more
coarse grasses, what Long Islanders call barnyard grass... it's quite
obvious why you have it in your lawn, you hate to mow. Â*Any chemical
that kills it will kill your other grass as well. Â* It's very easy for
you to get rid of it, you need to mow much more often (at least twice
a week) and mow shorter (set your mower no higher than two inches).
That type of grass has shallow roots, when the ground is dry pull up
the remaining stubborn clumps. Â*If you return to your lax mowing it
will quickly return, you caught it from your neighbors, who likely
also hate to mow.- Hide quoted text -

If you need to pull established clumps of your wayward grass, the
quickest way is with a weed twister. There are several out there that
can do the job. One even has a drill-powered model to save more time.

If you can't kill it, twist it!