Old 31-05-2008, 01:04 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Stan The Man Stan The Man is offline

Default Gardeners World presenter?

On 2008-05-30 02:10:38 +0100, Janet Tweedy said:

I say vote for Mr Smith!

Mr Smith is 80 this year so unlikely to be on anyone else's shortlist.
I love his voice though - and most of my favourite presenters have had
distinctive and compelling voices. Very few (none, to be precise) of
the current crop match up on that score.

FWIW, I'm told that the front-runner for the job is the RHS's Matthew
Wilson, pictured he
http://www.thebookpeople.co.uk/webap...0051_100_94728

But

if popularity with the public wins the day, the unlikely winner is Kim
Wilde, according to the Gardens Illustrated poll at
http://www.gardensillustrated.com/vo...?item_ID=25411

The question asked was 'Who is your favourite gardening presenter?' --
but the Kim Wilde vote makes me suspicious.