Old 31-05-2008, 02:23 AM posted to rec.gardens.edible
[email protected] man@privacy.net is offline

Default COMPOST was: Is 10-10-10 appropriate fertiliser for tomatoes

On Mon, 26 May 2008 09:41:00 -0500, Ignoramus7406
wrote:

:Has anyone tried composting lawn grass?
:
:Maybe I should save up a pile of it from my lawnmower, and let it rot
:for a year or something?

I put just about anything green in my compost pile, lawn clippings,
leaves, whatever. Wet it occasionally, turn once in a while when I think
of it and summon the energy. If it's not completely decomposed when I
plant I mix with the planting soil anyway. The undecomposed material
will decompose eventually and gradually anyway with the moisture in the
soil and the natural bacteria and release nutrients to the plants.
That's my thinking. Plus it amends my naturally clay soil nicely.