Old 31-05-2008, 01:38 AM posted to rec.ponds.moderated
Gill Passman Gill Passman is offline

Default Killing frogs

kathy wrote:
Woe is me. Not enough wine in the world, I expect, to
try frog legs or snails! FrogZilla, out in the pond as I
type, is relieved to hear it.

k :-)

Hmmmm....now snails with garlic butter and a bit of parsley are an
entire different ball game to frogs legs.....bit chewy and gritty if not
prepared correctly but very nice once you get over the thought that you
are eating a snail.....

I find it interesting how certain foods are acceptable to certain
cultures and how even those more adventurous still cannot pallet the
thought of eating certain creatures.....over here there is a move
towards marketing grey squirrels (may contain traces of nuts) but I
can't quite bring myself to try....kangaroo meat, crocodile and
allegator steaks have been available for years - but I can't quite get
my head around serving them up for tea.....

A friend of mine's Mother was nuts about her Koi.....they had Japanese
guests.....the culture is that they bring a gift to the host....in this
case they did a bit of research and discovered that she was very fond of
these fish....so they bought her 4, nicely gutted and wrapped in
newspaper ready to serve for dinner once suitably cooked.....

Gill