Old 31-05-2008, 01:39 AM posted to rec.ponds.moderated
JB[_1_] JB[_1_] is offline

Default Koi Food - what are you feeding your koi?

Hey, that's my question! ;-)

Look back to the thread started on 3/16/08, titled "What are You
Feeding? Where are you Buying"

Me. I'm currently serving Sho Koi.

JB

"W Dale" wrote in message

Greetings all!

I have fed my koi everything from Wardley's (when I first started my
pond) to so called "custom blended" new england breeders special koi
food.

Now that I have re dug my pond (I think this is my 3rd dig - the 1st,
a 2nd in 2006 and now my 3rd where I 'fix everything that was not
exactly right and adding bottom drains) and am just about ready to
refill it and put the koi back.

However, I have some food that is 1 year old that has been stored in
the basement and I have been reading that food more than 6 months old
is useless. I am considering feeding my koi, many which are more than
12 inches long now, a 'better, higher quality' food such as (hype time
- good marketing too!) Saki Hikari Koi food.or that like.

What are many of you out there feeding your koi? I am convinced that
food quality is important yet, I don't want to just set my few
remaining dollars (after I buy gasoline for my car!) on fire with
overly expensive food for my koi.

I look forward to your insights and suggestions.

Have a great weekend!
W. Dale