Old 31-05-2008, 10:48 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Mary Fisher Mary Fisher is offline

Default Domestic cats troubles

"Nick Maclaren" wrote in message

In article ,
"Mary Fisher" writes:

| What's the problem with collar doves and pigeons?

Er, let's get this right. This is uk.rec.gardening, a gardening
newsgroup. You have been posting here for some time, have shown
evidence of being a gardener, and no evidence of being a troll's
sock puppet.

And you are asking what the problem is with collared doves and
pigeons?

One of us has lost contact with reality ....

I don't know which one, we have collar doves and woodpigeons, they nest in a
large tree in the corner. Rock doves also come into the garden occasionally.
They come into another part of our small garden (of course - they eat the
hen food) but they don't go to other parts and they've not been a problem.
Spouse thinks their raiding the hens' feeders is a problem but because I
like to see them I don't mind.,

He doesn't think that the dunnocks, who also raid the feeders, are a problem
because he likes to see them :-)

We put out wild bird food for other birds too ... they're not a problem.
Even the odd sparrow hawk is only a problem to small birds, they delight us
with their appearance.

So I repeat, what's the problem with collar doves and pigeons?

Mary