Old 31-05-2008, 05:48 PM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden
Willshak Willshak is offline

Default Is this plant a friend or foe to my lawn?

on 5/29/2008 8:05 PM Joe said the following:
I noticed a certain plant growing on my lawn this year that I haven't
seen before. I took a couple of pictures. Can someone tell me if I
have something to worry about. Right now they are growing in a spot
where I find it tough to grow grass and they aren't really noticeable
unless you look up close. I'm worried they might take over the entire
lawn though. Here are the pics:

http://img206.imageshack.us/img206/5151/weedsdq4.jpg

http://img78.imageshack.us/img78/9940/weeds2ws6.jpg

It's a friend in that it provides a green color if the grass is weak in
that area. It's a foe in that grass won't grow stronger sharing the
nutrients in the ground.
Otho's Weed-Be-Gone, or similar, will kill it without hurting the grass,
I don't know what it's called, but if it ain't grass, it's gone.

--

Bill
In Hamptonburgh, NY