Old 01-06-2008, 01:56 AM
Dave Whipp Dave Whipp is offline
Registered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freedom_Spark View Post
Hi again, the plants I started from seed a few months back are doing well, no tomatoes as yet tho, I also have four plants I bought quite young, the flowers are out on three of those & the tomatoes are starting to grow on the fourth. However, I started some gardeners delight seeds as an insurance policy (it's my first time growing tomatoes)I thought that only two or three would germinate, like my last attempt, however the whole tray sprouted & I now have about 16 extra plants, is there any possibility they will grow to the stage required to produce tomatoes this summer? What is the usual time frame from seedling to harvesting?
I planted some Gardeners Delight around the end of Feb / beginning of March, propogated them on the windowsill and then in the greenhouse. They are now about 18" - 2ft tall and most of them have their first flowers open. (Lancashire, UK)

Dave.