Old 31-05-2008, 08:41 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Nick Maclaren Nick Maclaren is offline

Default Domestic cats troubles

In article ,
"Mary Fisher" writes:

| The hawks might also 'deal with' birds you don't want to harm ...

That's nature for you.

| We eat a lot of wood pigeon, and have never found it coarse and dry. Perhaps
| it depends on how it's prepared and cooked? some people rave about peacock,
| I wouldn't bother with it :-)

Yes, it depends a lot. It's grilling and roasting that is the problem,
especially with older birds.

| Where can I buy collar dove to try it? It's not game, is it? I'd have
| thought there'd be very little meat on even a brace.

Dunno. I shot them. It has about as much to eat as a small partridge,
and a lot more than a quail.

Regards,
Nick Maclaren.